History EMU Camper Trailers
We have had extensive experience in this industry, designing our first Camper Trailer way back in 1969 and as these photos show, it bears a close similarity to today’s campers. Back then, we toured without the comfort of air conditioning in our 4×4’s although Engel had just released their compressor fridges to keep our food and beverages cool. I can remember pouring petrol onto a can of hot beer and swinging it around our heads on a string in the mistaken belief that the evaporation would drop the temperature of the amber fluid below 100° F!
What makes Emu Camper Trailers Different?
As you are negotiating directly with Liz or Rhys and not a commissioned salesperson, we take great pride in ensuring we match the correct model Emu trailer to your tow vehicle and your intended usage. In addition we fit the most appropriate Emu Quick Erect Soft Floor Camper Trailers Tent that will meet your current and future family requirements.
To enable you to enjoy your holidays in comfort and safety, Emu Camper Trailers are equipped with features to ensure you continue to enjoy your trips for years to come.
Additionally, to reduce your ongoing maintenance issues, all Emu Trailers are 100% Hot Dipped Galvanised and as we manufacture in our our facility, local parts availability is available Australia wide.
Emu CamperTrailers offer the following benefits to you:
- We are an Australian company based on the Gold Coast with local knowledge of the tough Australian environment.
- Emu Tents are designed in Queensland to suit our hot, wet & humid conditions, utilising the latest heavy duty 15.2oz canvas.
- Extensive range of designs to suit most clients’ particular needs.
- Quick erect frames with Gas Strut Assist are now available throughout the Emu tent range of Tourer 9, Explorer 15 & Family 18 tent designs.
- We provide a light weight aluminium ladder as standard with wide treads for ease of access to the bed.
- A high quality waterproof awning, including zip on walls, is supplied as standard on all designs.
- Annex walls are included to fully enclose the annex along with a removable hard wearing floor.
- Our designs include both internal and external windows for convenience if it starts to rain, yet still offers ventilation inside the tent.
- All windows have mini awnings that can be pegged out
- Queen Plus size innerspring mattress beds.
- All windows are insect proof.
- Includes a heavy duty 2 piece zip on travel cover, which is large enough to store extra items underneath when travelling.
- Emu Campers also provide a second internal travel cover.
- Reinforced stress points.
- 18mm solid construction marine ply bed base with welded steel frame & two access hatches under the mattress
- Removable canvas wind flap to cover the trailer tailgate.
- Innerspring mattress standard on all models.
- Large windows that are not so big that they weaken the tent structure.
- Internal storage pockets.
- Double stitched seams.
- PVC around mattress base for added water proofing.
Quality control is very important to Emu Camper Trailers and with our Australian based tent designers ongoing research and development, we will remain the innovative Camper Trailer Tent suppliers and market leaders in Australia.